KML files for each of the SSI grids are available to download below. These can be imported into Google Earth Pro for greater visual control.
- To import a KML into Google Earth Pro, navigate to the File menu and select 'Open'.
- Nagivate to the directory with the downloaded KMLs and select the KML (with .kmz extension) you wish to display.
- The overlay will now appear under your 'Temporary Places' folder, where you can give it a name, and will be visible over the area you are viewing.
Manipulating the view
- Right click and open 'Properties' to change the transparancy of the overlay.
- As you pan and zoom across the map, the visible tile of the overlay will be updated for the current view.
Example view in Google Earth Pro